Thursday, December 4, 2014

So, I really don't know what to say. I kinda feel sick. I'm saying goodbye to Japan and finally going home.....however I don't really feel like I belong at home. It's a really scary thing.

Anyway, this last week I have been working hard as ever. I start getting excited about listening to music and being able to take my tie off....but I love working here in Japan. I don't want to lose this connection that I finally found with my mother country. I love these people and the culture and the language.

However, the one thing about this country that makes my heart hurt is the lack of Christmas.....mostly the lack of Christianity, but Christmas has always been the best time of the year for me. EVERYONE is happy. People in Japan just hate the cold and seem a little down. SO, it's a great time of year to be a missionary. We are going around and giving out Book of Mormon's as Christmas presents again and inviting people to try getting into the Christmas spirit. Haha, it's kinda fun. I kinda feel like Buddy the Elf. "Christmas is the most wonderful thing in the whole wide world!"

In other news, we have been working with our investigator T san. I know that mom said to stay away, but get this: we had a crazy miracle. We have been teaching her about God and church and how she can rely on God to overcome her trials. AND she quit her job. She says she wants to change her life and be a better person. Whatever her job was, she's done and wants to be better. The Branch knows her situation and how what kinda work she's been doing and we're going to try and help her get back on the road. She's had a pretty awful background.

Other than that, I had the most famous Ramen in all of Tamana.....and possibly all of Kyushu. It's a tiny little place run by a family and it's been around for YEARS. The Ramen stinks....like literally. It smells SOOO bad. I was shocked when I walked into the shop. Also, there is no menu. You get Ramen....or more Ramen. Pictures are against the rules. The Ramen recipe is a huge secret. It was like visiting the Queen of England....I didn'T know what was allowed and what wasn't.

Then they brought out the ramen. It was the most unreal experience of my life. You know the seen at the end of Ratatouille, where the Critic takes the first bite of his meal and the camera zooms into his eyes and he has the flashback of his childhood. Yeah, it was kinda like that. It was Way freaking good. I'm so blessed to have been able to eat Tamana ramen.

Well, I think that's it. I "Weekly planned" for when I go home. I already set goals and made plans for when I'm getting job and stuff like that. ;) I'm going to work my hardest and then see what happens when I get back. I'm so grateful for the support I've had on my mission. I didn't have the money really to pay for this experience and I'm so grateful that I had such wonderful parents to help me out. Thank you for every single letter and email throughout it all. All the packages. I know mom spent a lot of money and time on each one. I love you all and I'll see you in a few days.

Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment