Shoot dad. I have so much to tell you.
FIRST!
My first mtc devotional was last p day and the speaker was Elder Holland. It was the most amazing spirit. I loved it. He said a couple things like, "There may have been or might be a more exciting time to serve a mission...but I do not know when that was or when it will be" and "You ALL BETTER HAVE AT LEAST ONE CONVERT AND IT HAD BETTER BE YOU!!!" He's awesome.
The new missionaries from Japan came yesterday. We got to talk to them for a little bit. guess what. one of them is from Machida and knows Jon and grandma and grandpa. Haha, unfortunately I did not get her name. My teacher is pretty much the coolest guy ever. I love learning the language and I love the spirit he brings. There has been so many moments that I just think to myself, "this is why i'm out here" and it is so rewarding. Like Nephi says at the beginning of the Book of Mormon, I have been highly favored of the Lord.
When you said this language was the hardest language in the world, you weren't kidding. I thought I knew so much.....I found out I don't know anything. Like, anything at all. It's so so hard. I'm shocked at how much I learn and then I'm even more surprised that it isn't that much. It's crazy. I feel very confident about my progress so far though. I'm really working on verbs right now. Hopefully I continue to grow. Tell Jon I'm sorry that I didn't practice Japanese even when he wrote home and told me too...cuz it sucks now. Haha, but the language is cool and beautiful and I'm learning a lot.
The food......is.........good? Haha, I always eat a lot and then sit and look at my tray thinking, "Did I just eat a hot pocket?" It's filling....but sorta gross. sometimes, it's really good and sometimes i hate it. It all just depends. Haha, don't scare any of the priests. Actually, I bet all of them would love it. It's all you can eat. When it comes to food, I realize that I was spoiled with awesome food.
The bedrooms have only two bunks. I was told that the shimai have three though. In their residence halls, they don't have desks. They have mini desks inside their closets....Yeah, I'm really lucky. And get this, I know you won't believe me and I am being dead serious here. I can't stress how serious I am when I say this. I know sometimes I told you that I was clean and I wasn't super clean, but I am way way WAY more clean than my roommates. We had a room check.....and we didn't do super well.
So, how's Sam and Clint? I miss them so much. I saw the pictures of Sam skiing and I'm so jealous. I bet he's the coolest person at school. Now that he has a phone, I bet all the girls text him. ;) Let me know.
I'm really excited about Elders Hancock. It will be great.
Thank you for all the support. I hope all is well. I'm really excited to get in the field.
Love,
Elder Randy Kazuhiro Low
No comments:
Post a Comment