Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014



So, transfers were this week. Yeah....I'm still in Isahaya. I am actually really pleased to stay. I love this branch.....and this branch needs a lot of work so I'm excited to help out the branch as much as I can.

Also, I've really been diving into the Book of Mormon with Elder Chantry this week. Maddy sent me a triple combination for Christmas to go crazy on. It's actually a little bad. In our companionship study, we almost spend the entire time talking about the Book of Mormon. We barely had enough time to prepare the lessons for the day. Haha, that is one of our goals for the week. We really need to slow down the Book of Mormon study. I know that sounds impossible, but we are having crazy awesome discussions about doctrine that has nothing to do with our investigators.

On the other hand, the thing that our investigators need to be is a converted disciple of Christ.....and the Book Of Mormon does that. It has been so much fun. Also, I have never read the Book of Mormon with so much focus and I love it so much. Haha, our Dendo has also been really unbalanced. The ZL'S said that we are doing really well passing out the Book of Mormon....but we need to also make Baptismal Invites on the street. It's just easier to testify about the BOM when we are both studying it so intensely......So, now Elder Chantry and I have been assigned to make more Baptismal Invites. Haha, but I love Elder Chantry. He's a great missionary.



Elder Nara from Fukushima is the only change to the Isahaya apartment. He is now companions with Elder Tagawa and he's hilarious. I'm forced to speak A LOT of Japanese now because they are always speaking Japanese.....poor Elder Chantry gets lost a lot. I think his language is growing though. Haha, during  language study, Elder Tagawa and Elder Nara were studying English and Elder Nara was reading in 2 Nephi 28 "A Bible, a Bible. We have got a Bible and we need no more Bible". He showed me that scripture and replaced "Bible" with "Language". He's pretty funny.

Also, they split my district. Haha, now I only have the other Isahaya Elders and one of the Nagasaki Sister missionary companionships in my district. I like it though. I don't have to spend so much time doing reports. Now I can do things that I didn't have time for before. I can write letters and stuff home again.



As far as the work goes, we are still working with S. He says he doesn't have time to read the Book of Mormon, but we are just going to really stress it's importance and that he will not receive an answer to his questions unless he shows some faith. We'll see how that goes this week.

Also, we found a new Investigator. She has a lot of interest and Elder Chantry had the revelation to go visit her. I'm so glad we did though....because I thought she had no interest the first time we met her. I'm excited to work with her.



Other than that, the work continues. I'm doing my best and I'm sure we are going to see some miracles this transfer.

Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment